PUBLIC TAX SALE AUCTIONS
In accordance with the Municipal Government Act, Chapter M-26, RSA 2000, Part 10, Division 8, the Summer Village will hold a public auction of properties that have a Tax Recovery Notification (caveat) registered on the Certificate of Title for the property as a result of unpaid property taxes.
A Tax Recovery Notification is registered on any property with tax arrears of more than one year in accordance with the Municipal Government Act, s.412(1), and the property must be offered for sale at a public auction if the tax arrears are not paid within one year from the date the Tax notification is registered.
Upcoming Public Auction
Location: Fallis Hall (RR 52 & HWY 16)
Date: Monday, November 14, 2022 at 2:00 p.m.
Notice: This tax sale has been adjourned to Wednesday, December 21, 2022
at 2:00 p.m. - View Notice of Adjournment
Notice: This tax sale has been adjourned to Friday, January 13, 2023 at
12:00 p.m. - View Notice of Adjournment
Legal Description: Lot 4, Block 1, Plan 2941MC
Municipal Address: 4 Cedar Avenue
Map: View Map
Reserve Bid: $94,500
Terms & Conditions:
1. Any parcel of land offered for sale may be redeemed by payment of all arrears, penalties and costs by guaranteed funds at any time until the property is declared sold.
2. Each parcel of land offered for sale will be subject to a reserve bid and title will be subject to the reservations and conditions contained in the existing certificate of title.
3. The lands are being offered for sale on an “as is, where is” basis, and the municipality makes no representation and gives no warranty whatsoever as to the state of the parcel nor its suitability for any intended use by the successful bidder.
4. The auctioneer, Councillors, the chief administrative officer and the designated officers and employees of the municipality must not bid or buy any parcel of land offered for sale, unless directed by the municipality to do so on behalf of the municipality.
5. The purchaser of the property will be responsible for property taxes and utilities for the current year. There will be no adjustment to the date of sale.
6. The purchaser will be required to execute a sale agreement in form and substance provided by the municipality.
7. The successful purchaser must, at the time of sale, make payment in cash, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the municipality as follows:
The full purchase price if it is $10,000 or less;
If the purchase price is greater than $10,000, the purchaser must provide a non- refundable deposit in the amount of $10,000 and the balance of the purchase price must be paid within 20 days of the sale.
(if the certified cheque or bank draft exceeds the final purchase price, the excess will be refunded within a reasonable time)
8. GST will be collected on all properties subject to GST.
9. The risk of the property lies with the purchaser immediately following the auction.
10. The purchaser is responsible for obtaining vacant possession.
11. The purchaser will be responsible for registration of the transfer including registration fees.
12. If no offer is received on a property or if the reserve bid is not met, the property cannot be sold at the public auction.
13. The municipality may, after the public auction, become the owner of any parcel of land that is not sold at the public auction.
14. Once the property is declared sold at public auction, the previous owner has no further right to pay the tax arrears.
THERE IS CURRENTLY NO FIRE BAN IN PLACE
JUNE 1, 2023
Summer Village of Silver Sands
Box 8, Alberta Beach, Alberta T0E 0A0
New Office/Courier Location:
2317 Township Road 545, Division No. 13 Lac Ste. Anne County, Alberta T0E 1V0
p: 587-873-5765 f: 780-967-0431